COVID-19 TRAVEL POLICY
Dear Viva Expeditions client,
Firstly, thank you for your patience, we apologize for our delay in attending to you. We have been extremely busy attending to our clients that were departing prior to 1st July 2020. The safety of our clients is always our highest priority at Viva Expeditions. We are looking forward to a time in the near future that international travel resumes and you can once again go and experience these amazing destinations. In reviewing the latest advice from different stockholders and given that Governments have made it clear that international travel will not be allowed until at least later in 2020, we’re now looking to cancel all bookings between July and September 2020.
We are offering the following as our COVID-19 policy:
100% Future Travel Credit on all monies paid for all bookings who were to depart between the 1st of April to the 30th of September 2020.
Terms and Conditions:
- Valid for all bookings due to depart from the 1st of April until 30 September 2020. All bookings need to be cancelled in writing to us, prior to departure date.
- For now we are tentatively requesting that this future travel credit must be rebooked by 30 October 2020. We appreciate that there is uncertainty around when borders will reopen and if there is no certainty prior to 30th of October, then we will of course provide additional time.
- The 100% Travel credit will be based on the original booking value. This excludes the value of any international and internal air tickets. Where air tickets are involved, a travel credit may still apply, however this is subject to individual airlines terms and conditions.
- New travel date must be between the 01st of January 2021 to the 30th of October 2021, although again, we may extend this period if it became apparent that this booking window isn’t sufficient.
- New Travel Pricing will be subject to availability at the time of booking, along with any difference in currency exchange and seasonality.
- The 100% credit cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash. The credit must be used in total and unused amounts will not be refunded in cash or vouchers. The future travel credit is non transferrable.
- Exclusions apply from external suppliers, please contact your destination specialist for full details. This includes but not limited to all Arctic Expedition Cruises.
- For bookings outside this period please refer to our standard terms & conditions.
Our Destination Specialists will contact each booking in order to provide further assistance.
Please understand: it isn’t your money, for money’s sake, that we’re interested in. It’s what your bookings and your commitment to travelling with us in the future means for our staff, our local guides throughout Latin America, our suppliers, the communities we visit, and the social and environmental causes we believe in. By accepting the travel credit you’re making a down payment on the kind of world you want to see when the worst of this coronavirus epidemic has passed. That will help us plan for the future, it will help us support countless numbers of people and it will enable us to offer you the best service and trips imaginable when the world opens up again.
We thank you for your continued support and understanding during these extraordinary times.
Stay Well, Kia kaha